Smart Tricks to Properly Clean Your Carpets
One day you turn around to find that your carpets are a shade darker than when you first bought them. You discover that you've done a great job cleaning carpets just to find out how dirty the rest of the carpet is. Carpets in all homes must cope with all kinds of dirt and stains that over time can cause them to lose their natural hue. Unwashed carpets can become a haven for dust mites that put certain people at greater risk for respiratory and skin problems, causing allergies.
Vacuuming the carpets properly is not enough to completely clean the carpet. Rather, it will have to go deep into the carpet, where dirt and dust accumulate all the time. Read on for the 6 ways to properly Carpet Cleaning.
- Wash carpets properly - You should wash and clean carpets every three months with a carpet shampoo that has a protector such as Scotchgard. This will add a stain protector to your carpet. In case space becomes a problem, it is suggested to hire a professional machine for all the carpet cleaning work.
- Remove the carpets with care - It is necessary to remove the nicks as well as the imprint marks on the carpets caused by your furniture. You can do this by taking an ice cube and rubbing it on the affected area.
- Get Rid of Stain marks completely - Take proper care with liquid stains, as over drying will cause the spill to penetrate the carpet fibers, making the stain worse. Be sure to treat those stains quickly after they occur with a carpet cleaner that will lift the liquid up before it dries and settles on the carpet.
- Pre-treat those stains: You can pre-treat heavily stained areas before you think about deep cleaning your carpets. This can dislodge stains from underneath, preparing it for I Care Cleaning Services Carpet Cleaning's carpet cleaner to remove. There are some stains like mud and chocolate that needs to be dealt with after the stain is completely dry. Tea, coffee, red wine and food should be removed while the carpet is still damp.
- Dry carpets well - Your carpets should not get too wet, as dyes in the backing or base materials can damage the material. You can use a tumble dryer to quickly dry the treated areas.
- Try vacuuming the edges of your carpet - You need to vacuum the edges of your carpet and under radiators using a groove tool. This can help prevent black lines from forming around the skirting board.
You can hire a professional cleaner who can provide Carpet Cleaning Service in Glasgow so that you can clean your carpets properly and free them from stains in no time. Thus, you can keep yourself protected from unwanted diseases and lead a healthy life.